3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1kg / 2lb cauliflower (1 medium head), florets broken off and stalk roughly chopped
8oz / 250g potatoes (1 large, 2 small), peeled and roughly diced
1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cups milk (any - dairy, non dairy, full fat or low fat)
2 cups chicken broth / stock
Salt and pepper to taste
To garnish (optional)
Thyme (highly recommended!)
Cream and/or olive oil, to drizzle
- Place all Soup ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a large pot over high heat and bring to boil, then turn down to medium and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Use a hand held blender and blend until smooth (Note 1), then add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the soup is too thick for your taste, add more milk, water or stock (and more salt if needed). If you want it even thicker, let it simmer on the stove for a while longer to reduce down and thicken (be careful not to reduce it so much that it is too salty).
- Serve, garnished with fresh thyme leaves and drizzled with cream and/or olive oil, if desired.
- You can also use a blender. BUT you will need to remove the soup from the stove and cool it down first, otherwise you will have a soup explosion when you press the Blend button. Trust me, it has happened to me numerous times, I keep forgetting!! Once blended, return to the pot and reheat.
Original Recipes visit: Creamy Dreamy Cauliflower Soup @ recipetineats.com