1 package oreos
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 container Cool Whip (8 oz), thawed
1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, some cut in half, others chopped
- Process the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the cool whip and stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the peanut butter cups. Start by adding the halved peanut butter cups around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped peanut butter cups to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer or fridge for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.
Original Recipes visit: Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie @ thefirstyearblog.com