3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced shallots
1 large carrot, diced
3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
Kosher salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste
1 cup milk, I used 1% milk
6 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce and vegetable or chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together then cover with the lid and set to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Use an immersion stick blender or regular blender to purée the soup until it's smooth.
- Add in the milk and cheese and blend until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Blend in the Greek yogurt until combined and the soup is smooth.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup @ reciperunner.com