1 Red Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp Red Curry Paste
12 Large Carrots (chopped)
1 14oz (400g) Can Coconut Milk
3 cups (720ml) Vegetable Stock
⅓ cup (83g) Peanut Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
- Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic and add to a pot with the coconut oil and saute until the onions are softened. Then add the red curry paste and saute together.
- Add in the vegetable stock/broth, coconut milk and chopped carrots. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft and cooked (about 25-30 minutes).
- Add the peanut butter and stir it in until well mixed. Then remove the soup from the heat and using an immersion blender blend until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, then add the soup to your blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Spicy Vegan Carrot Soup @ lovingitvegan.com