VEGGIE "BIG MAC" BURGERS
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, grated (large 2)
1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated (1 1/2 medium sized zucchini)
4 garlic cloves, sliced thin or minced
3 cups white button mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1 cup oat flour
1 cup sunflower seeds
salt/pepper to taste
1 cup OrganicGirl Sweet Pea Shoots (evenly distributed between burgers)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp thousand island dressing (per each burger)
1/2 avocado sliced (per burger)
sesame seed burger buns
3-4 cups radicchio, shredded
1/2 cup cashews, soaked (you can boil water and soak them for 15 minutes if you do not have cashews previously soaked)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
salt/pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, heat up coconut oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent about 5 minutes.
- Throw in grated carrots and zucchini and cook for 7 minutes. You can season with salt and pepper.
- After about 7 minutes add in mushrooms and cook everything for another 5-7 minutes, until mushrooms are evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Once fully cooked remove from heat to cool briefly while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- Using a blender or processor, grind up rolled oats and sunflowers seeds until fine like flour.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients. Oat flour, ground sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, transfer cooked veggies into the dry mixture leaving out the excess water.
- Toss veggies in flour until well combined, and add the 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Mix well.
- Place veggie mix into the freezer for 5 minutes so it's not so sticky when you're forming them into patties. After the 5 minutes, take a handful of the veggie mixture, roll into a ball then flatten with the palms of your hand. You can make bigger patties which will make 4 if you go bigger or you can make smaller patties which result in 6. I made the bigger patties.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place prepared patties on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes flipping them over at the 20 minute mark.
- While they're in the oven baking you can prepare the radicchio slaw.
- For the slaw place all ingredients, except for the radicchio into a high speed blender and run until smooth and creamy. Taste as you go to adjust seasoning as needed or desired. (Be sure to drain and rinse your soaking cashews before hand).
- Add mixture in with radicchio and toss until evenly distributed.
- Spoon on 1 tbsp of thousand island dressing to the bottom bun, followed by a veggie burger, organic girl greens, avocado slices and radicchio slaw. Finish it off with the top part of the bun and go have yourself a grand old veggie burger time.
Original Recipes visit: The Best Veggie 'Big Mac' Burger with Radicchio Slaw (Vegan) @ neuroticmommy.com