3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
½ tablespoon + 2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced, or 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped, and packed tightly
1½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Wash potatoes. If they are large, cut in half; place in the pot. Let the water return to a boil; cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, place ½ tablespoon oil. When hot, add garlic; cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant, making sure not to burn it.
- Add the kale to the skillet; stir. Saute until the kale is wilted. Remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain the pot. Place the potatoes in a large bowl. You can either use a stand mixer or a potato masher at this point, or you can place the potatoes in a food processor. Either way, mash or cream the potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, kale, salt, and pepper; stir until fully combined.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Original Recipes visit: Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Garlicky Kale @ emilieeats.com