1 box fudge brownie mix
FRENCH SILK PIE TOPPING:
4 oz German chocolate bar, finely chopped
4 Tbsp unsalted butter cubed
8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups confectioner's sugar
16 oz tub frozen whipped topping (like cool whip) thawed
chocolate curls or shaved chocolate, for garnish optional
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the German chocolate pieces and butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, and then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- To the bowl with the chocolate, beat in the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until combined. Fold in half of the whipped topping (8 oz).
- Spread the French silk filling over the brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping, and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: French Silk Pie Brownies @ thechunkychef.com